A paradise of contrasts!!
Tierra de Biescas is one of the 4-star hotel complexes that is closest to the Ordesa National Park: there are 26 km between Biescas and its main access point in Torla, just a 30-minute drive away.
The Ordesa National Park is part of UNESCO’s World Heritage and is also an Area for Protected Bird Species, to particularly include the protected bird of prey known as quebrantahuesos. Part of its land constitutes the ‘Ordesa-Viñamala’ Biosphere Reserve, covering the towns of Biescas, Fanlo, Hoz de Jaca, Panticosa, Sallent de Gállego, Torla, y Yésero.
Below are some of the most accessible and popular routes followed by Huesca Pyrenees visitors:
- Mirador de la Cascada de Arripas [Cascada de Arripas Viewpoint].
- Cascadas de la Cueva y del Estrecho [Cueva and Estrecho Falls], reaching a closed forest of hundred-old beech trees; from its clearings, the Gradas de Soaso falls may be seen.
- Circo Soaso [Soaso Circus] and the emblematic Cascada Cola de Caballo [Horsetail Falls].
- Circo de Cotatuero [Cotatuero Circus] and its 200 m skydiving falls.
- Miradores de Ordesa [Ordesa Viewpoints].