Biking holidays in the Pyrenees with Bikefriendly benefits
The “Bikefriendly” quality seal recognises Hotel Tierra de Biescas as one of Spain’s best hotel alternatives for guests on a biking holiday.
It is also part of the “Trans-Pyrenees Hotel Network for Biking Tourist Trails”, due to its location in a region “with large biking tourism potential and contrasted experience in the sports sector”, offering the following FB Plus specialised services:
• Bicycle storage facilities.
• Repair shop & tools.
• Bicycle wash service.
• Rental of children’s bicycle seats.
• Rental of mountainbikes.
• Daily weather forecast
• Information on accessible biking trails in the Tena Valley.
• Spa-Wellness area, with a covered recreational swimming pool, gym, sauna and outdoor pool in the summer.
Upon request, the Tierra de Biescas Hotel also offers bikers the following:
• Special Ordesa Tracks Plan (50€ forfait), including tracks, a route guide and biking gear, with 2 routes to choose from:
1. Btt Ordesa Route: 260 km.
2. BTT Ordesa and Quebrantahuesos Route: 564 km long, joining the biking tourist trail: Quebrantahuesos, Treparriscos and Jacetania.
• Individual menus for a sports diet.
• Packed lunch.
• Massage parlour.
Accessible bike routes recommended in the Upper Gállego River, starting at Biescas
1. Visit to los Oroses. An easy and accessible route for families with children: surfaced roads and tracks in top condition, covering the villages of Orós Alto and Orós, through refreshing pools to cool off in the summer. Distance: 14 km / Drop: 95m / Length: 2 hours.
2. Oliván. Medium difficulty, appropriate for people with btt skills. Accessible all year round.
Distance: 16.6 km / Drop: 135 m / Length: 2 hours.
3. Lárrede. Difficult route, enjoyable and problem-free. For experienced cyclists in mountain slopes. Distance: 28.7 / Drop: 500 m / Length: 3.30 h.
4. Yésero. Comprehensive route: upward track and triathlete slope with lots of curves. Distance: 23.3 km / Drop: 565 m / Length: 2.40 h.
5. Santa Elena. Another short but “hardening” route, which will delight the most experienced biker. Entertaining climb and triathlete slopes, with steps and bridges.
Distance: 12.9 km / Drop: 415 m / Length: 1.50 h.
6. Sobremonte. A highly demanding route, due to extended drops in the land and three technical slopes, with track sections. Distance: 30.1 km / Drop: 1,030 m. / Length: 3.30h.